Honestly, how happy and glad we are when wearing a sparkling and shiny diamond, right? So, when is the last time you had your jewelry cleaned? Or have you still worn the grimy one day by day, because of the hustle and bustle of everyday life? Thinking about stopping by a local jewelry store and getting it cleaned? This solution may not suited to the busy people. Currently, at-home cleaning will be, of course, a great help! Today, we would like to provide you with some ideas on best DIY Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner. This method makes the task of maintaining the luster of your jewelry easier even during your busiest weeks! Keep reading to know how these devices work as well as what you need to know in order to use them properly?
What is an Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner?
As its name suggested, an Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner is used to clean jewelry, such as rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. The items are usually placed in a tank filled with a cleaning solution. After pressing the button, your jewelry will be in the cleaning process using vibrations and chemicals produced by the ultrasonic action. These vibrations break down the dirt, oil and tarnish accumulated on the surface of your jewelry.
Unlike other homemade methods, DIY Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner is widely applied by not only users, but also professional jewelers because it is even able to clean the unreachable parts of your jewelry when using more conventional methods.
How to make a DIY Ultrasonic Cleaning Solution?
For all jewelry lovers, ultrasonic cleaners are perfect to help their jewelry stay new and untouched as original. But, it is better to do the process with the utmost caution so as to ensure that the items being cleaned will not be harmed by the extreme ultrasonic vibrations. Hard stones (i.e. sapphires, rubies, and diamonds) are often safe to clean in it provided that these are not cracks. Nevertheless, it is not highly recommended to clean soft stones in an ultrasonic cleaner. Luckily, with a few simple ingredients that you may already have found around the home, it is possible to make a homemade cleaner with ease. Follow us to broaden your horizons now!
- Open the Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner.
- Fill the tank with 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of ammonia to the water in the machine.
- Continue pouring 2 tablespoons of dish-washing detergent into the mixture.
- Turn the machine on and then set it for about 10 minutes so that the DIY ultrasonic cleaner solution is mixed.
- Put your item inside. Remember not to put in many pieces at once.
- Turn the cleaner on. Please let it run for as long as needed (depending on how dirty the items are), until you jewelry is clean.
- After the cleaning process is finished, turn the device off while still leaving your items inside for another 5-10 minutes.
- Have you taken it out? Then, use a soft brush to clean the jewelry briefly and rinse it again.
That’s it! This method is very easy, simple, and affordable, huh?
Best DIY Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaners
With this article, we do hope that you get a better understanding of DIY Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner as well as choosing the best jewelry cleaner for your need. After applying the steps, your eyebrows will be surely raised with how gorgeous your item is when it is not totally covered in the life’s daily grime. Let’s make a wise decision on the ideal cleaner and give this DIY jewelry cleaning solution a try. Then, tell us what you think! We are glad to hear!